Ecology is the scientific study of the distributions, abundance and relations of organisms and their interactions with the environment. This includes the study of plant and animal populations, plant and animal communities, and ecosystems. The distribution and abundance of organisms on Earth is shaped by both biotic, living-organism-related, and abiotic, nonliving or physical, factors.
Ecology seeks to understand the vital connections between plants and animals and the world around them providing information about how we can use Earth’s resources in ways that leave the environment healthy for future generations. Ecology may be taught in high school initially, but the brunt of exploration takes place in postsecondary education institutions.
Our ecology tutoring program exposes students to:
- life processes explaining adaptations.
- distribution and abundance of organisms.
- the movement of materials and energy through living communities.
- the successional development of ecosystems, and
- the abundance and distribution of biodiversity in context of the environment.
What does ecology have to do with you?
There are many practical applications of ecology in conservation biology, wetland management, natural resource management (agriculture, forestry, fisheries), city planning (urban ecology), community health, economics, basic & applied science and it provides a conceptual framework for understanding and researching human social interaction (human ecology). The many specialties within ecology, such as marine, vegetation, and statistical ecology, provide us with information to better understand the world around us. This information also can help us improve our environment, manage our natural resources, and protect human health.
Parliament's Ecology Tutoring Program equips students with...
- An understanding of what ecology is and why it is important.
- The skills necessary to learn the structure and function of Earth and the life processes that exist within.
- Effective study skills which can be translated into use for other disciplines.
- Our ecology tutors will introduce students to all the relevant fundamentals as well as important concepts for their mastery of ecology
Ecology Tutoring Enrollment & Contact Information:
To learn more speak to an Academic Advisor, submit an Inquiry Form or use our registration forms to enroll online and meet a Ecology Tutor today.